Challenging the possibilities
of traveling sustainable
The NGO 4X4ELECTRIC has a strategic growth plan. This growth plan consists of 4 phases, which can be found below.
We want to inspire while implementing sustainability in our lives and show examples of other frontrunners.
Therefore, we will start in the first two phases of our growth plan by realizing a sustainable project ourselves. This, to let others experience with us how fun, simple and practical sustainability can be. By doing so we want to inspire to take ownership and become ambassadors of NGO 4X4ELECTRIC….
It is our goal to make sustainability fun, simple and practical.
We will do this by practicing what we preach; traveling in a sustainable way that has never been done before.
While doing so we will share ideas and tools to help implement sustainability in regular daily life.
By making sustainability fun, simple and practical, we want to inspire others and give them tools to start implementing sustainability in their lives.
4 Sustainable Development Goals
- Affordable and clean energy
- Responsible consumption & Production
- Climate action / Protecting Nature
- Partnership for the goals
Read more about the Sustainable Development Goals.
Let’s multiply left and right…
4 ways to start at this very moment
- Have fun
- Make it simple
- Make it practical
- Help others to take ownership
Period: Sept. 2021 until Sept. 2022
Goal: Founding the NGO 4X4ELECTRIC and preparing the first project.
- Prepare all that is needed to start the NGO
- Preparing the first project: 4X4ELECTRIC
- Start building a community around NGO 4X4ELECTRIC
Note: Financed by ourselves
Period: Sept. 2022 until Sept. 2023
Goal: Realization of the first project: 4X4ELECTRIC.
- Share our experiences while organizing 4X4ELECTRIC
- Look for other frontrunners on our route to share their story
- Promote driving electric long distance, while charging with solar panels we take with us. This has never been done before, and by doing so we will find out if this way of traveling could be interesting for more people
Period: Sept. 2023 until Sept. 2024
Goal: Communicating about the first project and starting the second.
- Share our experience with others at events and more.
- Look a for new project that also could prove to others that we can do so much more than we think. Once we found a second potential project, NGO 4X4ELECTRIC will start organizing this as well.
- Also, we will keep looking for other frontrunners to share their story
Period: Sept. 2024 until Sept. 2025
Goal: Making NGO 4X4ELECTRIC independent by including more people to the community.
Climate change is a hot topic, also in tourism. Traveling both for business and pleasure is changing because the world is running out of fossil fuels; the most used source for traveling during the last 200 years. Also, using fossil fuels for traveling generates a lot of CO2 emissions.
Both the shortage as well as the pollution are reasons to look at alternatives.
More and more car brands are introducing electric cars. An alternative with a lot of potential. Besides the advantages of an electric car, the user will have to adapt to some changes;
1. It is no longer possible to fuel up in just 5 minutes
2. Fewer miles can be driven without a stop.
More and more people are switching to electric cars, but a lot of them switch to a fossil fuel car for long distances traveling.
We, Maarten van Pel & Renske Cox, want to show the world what’s possible traveling an electric car when it comes to long distances. Therefore we will show it in extreme, a journey into the wild. We are planning a world trip through countries where electric cars and charging stations are not implemented yet. We will not travel the main route but go for the remote off-road routes as we will be self-sufficient. To charge our car we will take solar panels with us.
A world premiere in the travel industry: something that is not done before, but we believe WE can!
4x4electric as our first project
Climate change is a hot topic. Traveling both for business and pleasure is changing. The world is running out of fossil fuels; the most used source for traveling during the last 200 years. Using fossil fuels for traveling generates a lot of CO2 emissions. The shortage, as well as the pollution, are reasons to look for alternatives.
Electric cars are an alternative with a lot of potential. However, the user will have to adapt.
1. It is no longer possible to fuel up in just 5 minutes
2. Fewer kilometers can be driven without a stop.
More and more people are switching to electric, but a lot of them rent a fossil fuel car for long distances traveling.
We, Maarten van Pel & Renske Cox, want to show the world what is possible driving an electric car for long distances in extreme circumstances and through countries where electric cars and charging stations are not implemented yet. To do this we will charge the car with solar panels we take with us. A world premiere in the travel industry: something that is never done before, but we believe WE can!
While driving long-distance in an electric car, we will visit all kinds of projects that contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s). We will share what we learn to inspire on what else we could do at home. And maybe even help locals to achieve even more.
Lets show the world what is possible
Do you want to be a part of this adventure?
Do you want to meet us in real life?
These events are your chance:
- Opening Grootste EV Showroom van Nederland, June 23rd in Den Haag
- As guests in 'Dé Mobiliteitsprofessionals' in July
- Daktent Festival, 16th until 18th of September at Camping de Vledders in Schipborg
- 4X4ELECTRIC Dutch Tour, the 20st of September until 16th of October
- EV Experience, 23rd until 25 of September at Circuit Zandvoort